In December 2020, HudCRES hosted the online launch of the new book: Seeing the World through Children's Eyes: Visual Methodologies and Approaches to Research in the Early Years, to which my HudCRES colleagues Nicola Firth and Amanda Crow and I have contributed chapters.
Reflecting the contributors to the book, the launch was a truly international event - with speakers from Australia and New Zealand as well as the UK, and participants from Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Brazil, Turkey, Israel, Norway and Finland.
Unfortunately there were a few technical hitches on the day, but the edited recording here includes the presentations that could not be shared at the time. The full list of contributors to the event/recording includes:
- Professor E. Jayne White, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia, President of the Association for Visual Pedagogies and editor of the book
- Dr Sean Sturm, University of Auckland, New Zealand and editor of the book series
- Professor Helen Lomax, HudCRES, University of Huddersfield, UK
- Nicola Firth, HudCRES, University of Huddersfield, UK
- Dr Avis Ridgeway, Dr Gloria Quinones, and Dr Liang Li, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
- Amanda Crow, HudCRES, University of Huddersfield, UK
- Dr Rene Novak, BestStart Educare, New Zealand
- Dr Dawn Mannay and Dr Amie Hodges, Cardiff University, UK
- Julie Carmel, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
- Dr Bridgette Redder, Te Rito Maioha Early Childhood New Zealand and secretary of the Association for Visual Pedagogies