May 20th was the day after my last exam & the day I started full-time at KC Communications.
I met Katrina through my local gym & had followed her fitness blog for quite a while. When we met I knew I wanted to work for someone like her. She’s been there done that, experienced the bad bosses and most importantly learnt a hell of a lot from it. With 10 years worth of marketing experience I knew I could be very hands on within a new and upcoming business.
KC Communications was founded in August 2014 by Katrina and has been expanding ever since. Rather than get lost in a large business I am in a position where I can learn exactly what goes in to starting up a new business & work as part of a team with Katrina to help expand her ever growing enterprise.
I have now been here just over 2 months & can honestly say I can’t believe how much I’ve learnt already. It excites me to think about the position I could possibly be in come June 2016, and the wealth of knowledge I will be entering my third year with.
Where do I start when it comes to what I’ve been involved with so far? A highlight for me was being invited down to London as a VIP blogger to review Les Mills fitness event, ONELIVE. I’ve also been lucky enough to be sent on courses to enhance my knowledge whilst I’m working. It’s been great to be able to put my theory to practice & look at Marketing from a whole different perspective. I’ve gone back and read some of my assignments from my 2nd year & read them in a totally different mind set. I have the ability to adapt the context to real life situations, where as before it was only something I could have imagined.
What I’ve done so far:
- Introduction to Social Media management tools
- Management of clients Social Media accounts
- Website project for Sheards Wealth Management
- Writing awards for KC Comms and clients
- Blog writing for KC
- Created my own blog
- VIP Blogger in London
- External Courses
- Writing Marketing Reports
- Attending Networking Events
- Writing a proposal for a new client
- Securing a new client (whoopee)!
- Seminar at Google Garage in Leeds
- Intro to Email Marketing tools
- Copywriting for Email Marketing
- Huddersfield Food & Drink Festival Social Media
- Volunteering to support The Town Foundation
- Color Run Fundraiser
- KC Communications 1st Birthday Do
Posted by Grace Lenihan – Intern at KC Communications through The Huddersfield Internship Scheme