Posted by on June 26, 2015 at 8:19 am

Just a quick update. Back in November 2014 I finished working at Cubic Motion and in February of this year I got my first credit on a triple A video game title. The PS4 exclusive: Order 1886 . Between December and March I had some down time, and in between job searching I decided to take

Read more…

Posted in Uncategorized

Posted by on November 4, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Placements are a difficult thing to get, so I wrote a post about some of the questions I had when I first started looking for a placement. This will be a weekly series, so look out for the next one on www.beccyfisk.com. How do I approach a company? There’s plenty of ways to get a

Read more…

Posted in Beccy Fisk Graphic Design

Posted by on September 17, 2014 at 10:47 am

So I’m now on my placement year as a graphic designer, and I wrote a post on my blog/portfolio site www.beccyfisk.com about being an intern, so I thought I’d share it on here too. I’m hoping to keep posting updates on my time at placement so keep checking in! So I am very happy to

Read more…

Posted in Beccy Fisk Graphic Design Tagged in: , , , ,

Posted by on April 11, 2014 at 10:35 am

I’m quite late on the introductions here, life got in the way a bit, but to echo the words of the last introduction post, better late than never! I’m Kim Searle and I graduated two years ago now (that is scary!) from a degree in Textile Crafts.  While there I specialised in screen printing.  I

Read more…

Posted in Crafts Kim Searle Textiles Tagged in: , , , , , ,

Posted by on April 7, 2014 at 9:07 am

All Souls Amateur Operatic Society have joined forces with students from the University of Huddersfield to create costumes for their upcoming show “Die Fledermaus”. The society approached the University back in September 2013, to offer a student the opportunity to design and make a costume for one of their principal cast. The selection process included

Read more…

Posted in Costume Textiles Tagged in: , , , , , , , ,

Posted by on March 25, 2014 at 11:40 am

So, it’s been about a month since I returned from China, and honestly I was slightly worried about being unable to find work at the time of my last post, but since then I’ve had a pretty good response and have been quite lucky. Firstly, I managed to get some freelance animation work. The work

Read more…

Posted in Aaron Frost Animation Tagged in: , , ,

Posted by on March 21, 2014 at 8:26 am

Image source | Trend Bible As part of my course I was given the opportunity to take part in a trend forecasting workshop delivered by the wonderful Anri Hamilton from trend forecasting agency ‘Trend Bible’. It was a very interesting 3 days, learning about all aspects of consumer trends. We discussed forecasting trends through researching

Read more…

Posted in Fashion Faye Carter Tagged in: , , , , ,

Posted by on March 19, 2014 at 8:31 am

Hello all! Another Dolce and Gabbana (Autumn/Winter 2013/14) inspired illustration hot off the press! Absolutely loving this collection lately and just can’t seem to not be inspired by the intricate jewellery, delicate lace and flawless make-up. So with that in mind, I thought I would use cosmetics as the media on white watercolour paper, and the

Read more…

Posted in Fashion Illustration Sheena Sreekeessoon Tagged in: , , , , ,

Posted by on March 14, 2014 at 10:06 am

Hello! I’m about 4 months late on this post but hey ho! ‘Better late than never’, I say…better late than never! So to introduce myself…I’m Sheena Sreekeessoon, currently a second year studying BA (Hons) Fashion Design with Textiles at the University of Huddersfield. I do have a blog of my own which consists of little

Read more…

Posted in Fashion Sheena Sreekeessoon Tagged in: , , , , , ,

Posted by on February 20, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Last week I returned to the U.K after spending 6 months in China. I loved it over there and I’m sure one day I will visit again. Last night I uploaded my current Animation Showreel to Vimeo, and in the next few days I will be sending it out to Animation Studios around Manchester looking

Read more…