Posted by on December 4, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Digital Victorians students went to Wakefield Museum and had a comic workshop to see how they could convert a historical object into a comic strip story. We toured the museum, selected an item of interest and – guided by Jade Sarson, a Lincoln-based illustrator and comic artist who fuses British roots with Japanese influences – created a comic

Read more…

Posted in internationalisation Methodologies Uncategorized

Posted by on November 27, 2017 at 2:21 pm

My name is Fatima Sonyia Jamal, I am studying an MA by Research in Public History, Oral History, and Community Heritage at The University of Huddersfield. My thesis is about “The 1947 partition – the Childhood Memories and homeland nostalgia: Exploring Independence Day ceremony and what it meant to those who lived through partition.” Last

Read more…

Posted in Co-production of research Masters students Students as researchers Twentieth Century Britain

Posted by on November 24, 2017 at 4:17 pm

My name is Josh Noble and in May I finished my 3 years at uni with First class Honours degree in History. Although I thoroughly enjoyed my time studying it was no secret to my peers and lecturers that my true passion was music and I continued to pursue my ambition to become a professional

Read more…

Posted in Uncategorized

Posted by on at 4:16 pm

My name is Marie Mrvova and I am studying MA by Research in Public History, Oral History and Community Heritage at University of Huddersfield. I also work as a collector and editor for Memory of Nations (Paměť národa), Czech oral history project lead by Post-bellum, Czech radio (Český rozhlas) and Institute for Studies of Totalitarian

Read more…

Posted in Uncategorized

Posted by on July 20, 2017 at 1:37 pm

My name is Faye Armstrong, and I am a second year student studying English Literature. I completed my work placement with Yorkshire Children’s Centre throughout the year as a volunteer. Despite the name of the organisation, my role involved working with the elderly. I decided to become a Dementia Reading Champion and a Befriender. As a Dementia Reading Champion,

Read more…

Posted in Uncategorized

Posted by on June 30, 2017 at 12:40 pm

My name is Vikki Ashton and I am a mature second year History student at the University of Huddersfield. I undertook my work placement in the summer after my first year of study. My placement was with a local community group called ‘The Friends of Stank Hall’ (FOSH). The FOSH are actively trying to preserve

Read more…

Posted in Uncategorized

Posted by on June 26, 2017 at 1:02 pm

For nearly all of the thirty-two million people that voted in the General Election at the start of June, 10pm signalled the close of the polls, and many tuned in on television to watch the results be declared. However, for thousands of others around the country, 10pm is when the work starts to count and

Read more…

Posted in Uncategorized

Posted by on at 1:01 pm

My name is Dorothy Anne Mullan. I am a second year student at the University of Huddersfield studying History. Towards the end of my second year I completed a five-week work placement at a secondary school in North Wales, Rhyl High School. I chose to complete this in the space of five weeks as it

Read more…

Posted in Uncategorized

Posted by on at 1:01 pm

My name is Leah Jade Wimpenny, I am a second year student studying Film, English Literature, Media and Popular Culture (it’s a bit a mouthful when people ask me what I’m doing at uni), recently I just finished my placement module at the Publishing Hub as a journalist. The experience was incredibly positive, beginning by

Read more…

Posted in Uncategorized

Posted by on June 18, 2017 at 8:09 am

As part of Sound Vision Place, the School of Music and Humanities’ Festival of the Senses, on Saturday 10 June the History department hosted ‘History In Action’, a showcase of collaborative historical projects and research from History staff and postgraduates at the University of Huddersfield and from their community partners and colleagues in other universities. There

Read more…

Posted in Uncategorized