Posted by on May 16, 2017 at 5:13 am

Oastler Building, University of Huddersfield All events are free and everyone is welcome. As part of Sound Vision Place, the School of Music and Humanities’ Festival of the Senses, the History department is proud to present History in Action, with two main strands to the day: Black history and Histories of Mental health You can mix

Read more…

Posted in Mental health history Tagged in: , , , , ,

Posted by on May 13, 2017 at 6:37 am

Oastler Building, University of Huddersfield All events are free and everyone is welcome. As part of Sound Vision Place, the School of Music and Humanities’ Festival of the Senses, the History department is proud to present History in Action, with two main strands to the day: Black history and Histories of Mental health You can

Read more…

Posted in Twentieth Century Britain Tagged in:

Posted by on May 5, 2017 at 3:13 pm

My name is Henna Mehboob. I am a Year 2 English Literature and History student interested in a career in teaching. My Work Placement at Lilycroft Primary School was very productive. I was placed in a Year 4 class as a teaching assistant. I had never worked as a TA before so this was all

Read more…

Posted in Uncategorized

Posted by on May 3, 2017 at 9:47 am

My name is Tom Wrigley and I am a second year History student at the University of Huddersfield. My work placement throughout second year has been with the Calderdale Council Education Team. I have worked across three sites, Bankfield Museum, Shibden Hall and Smith Art Gallery. I chose to contact Calderdale Council’s Education department because

Read more…

Posted in Uncategorized

Posted by on March 9, 2017 at 4:28 pm

This page will describe the experience of research and writing about JH Whitley and his chairmanship of the Royal Commission on Labour in India. It’s under construction at the moment. Please come back later.

Posted in Uncategorized

Posted by on at 4:27 pm

Page under construction: please come back later

Posted in Uncategorized

Posted by on February 28, 2017 at 7:48 am

To book for this event click here John Shepherd, visiting professor at the University of Huddersfield, writes: ‘One of the senior thinkers and strategists in British politics with a deep knowledge of Labour history, Jon Cruddas is a popular speaker on the media and at public events in Britain. On 26 February 2017, he appeared

Read more…

Posted in Twentieth Century Britain Tagged in: ,

Posted by on January 9, 2017 at 12:11 pm

“Transatlantic Digital Victorians” is an exciting collaborative student/faculty research project between the University of Huddersfield and Huron University College in Ontario, Canada. The project demonstrates how digital history can build bridges between local history and the wider world, as well as help create undergraduate research links between our universities. It was designed for students to add

Read more…

Posted in Co-production of research internationalisation Students as researcher

Posted by on December 6, 2016 at 6:11 pm

By Dr Lindsey Dodd, Senior Lecturer in Modern European History During October and November 2016 I travelled around France, collecting historical source material about children’s lives in France during the Second World War. The source material is quite unusual: I have been seeking out and listening to filmed and audio oral history-type interviews

Read more…

Posted in history of childhood internationalisation Methodologies Oral history Second World War Tagged in: , , ,

Posted by on November 16, 2016 at 1:15 pm

Professor Barry Doyle was awarded a grant by the University Research Fund to assess the current state of research into hospital services in interwar Central Europe and explore the archival resources available for future research. As the project gets under way he tells us about his recent visits to Hungary, the Czech Republic and Poland.

Read more…

Posted in Uncategorized