Posted by on July 20, 2017 at 1:37 pm

My name is Faye Armstrong, and I am a second year student studying English Literature. I completed my work placement with Yorkshire Children’s Centre throughout the year as a volunteer. Despite the name of the organisation, my role involved working with the elderly. I decided to become a Dementia Reading Champion and a Befriender. As a Dementia Reading Champion,

Read more…

Posted in Uncategorized

Posted by on June 30, 2017 at 12:40 pm

My name is Vikki Ashton and I am a mature second year History student at the University of Huddersfield. I undertook my work placement in the summer after my first year of study. My placement was with a local community group called ‘The Friends of Stank Hall’ (FOSH). The FOSH are actively trying to preserve

Read more…

Posted in Uncategorized

Posted by on June 26, 2017 at 1:02 pm

For nearly all of the thirty-two million people that voted in the General Election at the start of June, 10pm signalled the close of the polls, and many tuned in on television to watch the results be declared. However, for thousands of others around the country, 10pm is when the work starts to count and

Read more…

Posted in Uncategorized

Posted by on at 1:01 pm

My name is Dorothy Anne Mullan. I am a second year student at the University of Huddersfield studying History. Towards the end of my second year I completed a five-week work placement at a secondary school in North Wales, Rhyl High School. I chose to complete this in the space of five weeks as it

Read more…

Posted in Uncategorized

Posted by on at 1:01 pm

My name is Leah Jade Wimpenny, I am a second year student studying Film, English Literature, Media and Popular Culture (it’s a bit a mouthful when people ask me what I’m doing at uni), recently I just finished my placement module at the Publishing Hub as a journalist. The experience was incredibly positive, beginning by

Read more…

Posted in Uncategorized

Posted by on June 18, 2017 at 8:09 am

As part of Sound Vision Place, the School of Music and Humanities’ Festival of the Senses, on Saturday 10 June the History department hosted ‘History In Action’, a showcase of collaborative historical projects and research from History staff and postgraduates at the University of Huddersfield and from their community partners and colleagues in other universities. There

Read more…

Posted in Uncategorized

Posted by on June 5, 2017 at 4:00 pm

Adam West is a Postgraduate student at the University of Huddersfield, who, alongside seven other delegates, travelled to Bosnia & Herzegovina with Remembering Srebrenica through their education programme ‘Lessons from Srebrenica’. Over the three days his delegation learned extensively about the war in Bosnia during the 1990s that engulfed the country and the genocide at

Read more…

Posted in Masters students research degrees Tagged in: , , ,

Posted by on May 16, 2017 at 5:13 am

Oastler Building, University of Huddersfield All events are free and everyone is welcome. As part of Sound Vision Place, the School of Music and Humanities’ Festival of the Senses, the History department is proud to present History in Action, with two main strands to the day: Black history and Histories of Mental health You can mix

Read more…

Posted in Mental health history Tagged in: , , , , ,

Posted by on May 13, 2017 at 6:37 am

Oastler Building, University of Huddersfield All events are free and everyone is welcome. As part of Sound Vision Place, the School of Music and Humanities’ Festival of the Senses, the History department is proud to present History in Action, with two main strands to the day: Black history and Histories of Mental health You can

Read more…

Posted in Twentieth Century Britain Tagged in:

Posted by on May 5, 2017 at 3:13 pm

My name is Henna Mehboob. I am a Year 2 English Literature and History student interested in a career in teaching. My Work Placement at Lilycroft Primary School was very productive. I was placed in a Year 4 class as a teaching assistant. I had never worked as a TA before so this was all

Read more…

Posted in Uncategorized