Undergraduate Bloggers

Caitlin Thrower

Media and Popular Culture BA(Hons) – Third Year

Hey, I’m Caitlin and I’m a third year Media and Popular Culture student here at Huddersfield. I have a passion for writing; I run my own blog and write for the Uni’s student-led magazine. I’d also consider myself a film, TV and music buff.

View blog

Caitlyn Knowles

Creative Media Production BA(Hons) – Second Year

Hi, I’m Caitlyn and I’m in my second year studying Creative Media Production, I’m a bit of a film buff and my favourite film is Moulin Rouge directed by Baz Luhrmann. I also like to read and write.

View blog

Emily Marshall

Music Performance BMus(Hons) - Fourth Year

Hi - I’m Emily! I am a final year Music Performance student and I play the clarinet and saxophone. As well as music, I am interested in gymnastics, reading and travelling.

View blog

Jeordy Lawrence

Photography BA(Hons) – Second Year

Hi, my names Jeordy, and I’m a second year Photography student. I love Star Wars, retro video games, anything that involves a guitar, and of course, cameras.

View blog

Mollie Harvey

Physical Geography BSc(Hons) - Second Year

Hi, I'm Mollie. I am currently a second year Physical Geography student. I am interested in anything creative, animals and reading. I really look forward to sharing my uni experience with everyone.

View blog

Sanjida Karim Prachee

Hospitality Business Management BA(Hons) – Fourth Year

Hello, my name is Sanjida and I am an international student from Bangladesh. I am currently in my final year of Hospitality Business Management. I like to cook different cuisines each Friday night and enjoy a meal with my housemates.

View blog

Tyriq Baker

Music BMus(Hons) – Third Year

Hello, my name is Tyriq, and I am a third year Music student. I play three instruments (Piano, Clarinet and Bassoon), and I am a music composer of classical music, electronic music, and pretty much anything that interests me.

View blog

Postgraduate Bloggers

Tom Williams

Investigative Psychology MSc

Hi, I'm Tom and I'm studying my Masters in Investigative Psychology. My hobbies involve running, playing guitar and watching Leeds play the losing team. I also have a passion for writing, reading and anything involving animals.

View blog

Marasha Fernandes

Marketing and Event Studies MSc

Hello, I’m Marasha. I’m a postgraduate student in Marketing with Event studies. I come from Kuwait and my nationality is Portuguese. I have an interest in dancing and writing. I love hosting and volunteering at events.

View blog

Wiam Id Boumsoud

Business and Management PhD Researcher

Hello everyone! I am Wiam and I’m a PhD student in Business and Management working on sustainable tourism. I am also the president of the Moroccan Society and the PGR social media rep.

View blog

Joseph Andrew Smith

Communications, Culture and Media Studies PhD Researcher

Hi, I’m Joe. I’m a Centre for Participatory Culture PhD researcher. I’ve completed all of my studies at the University of Huddersfield; a journalism degree, a Master’s degree and now my PhD.

View blog

Kayleigh Campbell

Creative Writing PhD

I’m a first year Creative Writing PhD student here at The University of Huddersfield. The specific focus of my PhD is poetry, which is something I write in both academic and personal contexts.

View blog