Abbi Senior

English Literature with Creative Writing BA(Hons) – Third Year

Hey, I’m Abbi. I’m a third year English student and President of the English and Creative Writing Society. I also sing in the University Chamber Choir and have a passion for writing and music.

View blog

Caitlin Thrower

Media and Popular Culture BA(Hons) – Second Year

Hey, I’m Caitlin and I’m a second year Media and Popular Culture student here at Huddersfield. I have a passion for writing; I run my own blog and write for the Uni’s student-led magazine. I’d also consider myself a film, TV and music buff.

View blog

Caitlyn Knowles

Creative Media Production BA(Hons) – First Year

Hi, I’m Caitlyn and I’m in my first year studying Creative Media Production, I’m a bit of a film buff and my favourite film is Moulin Rouge directed by Baz Luhrmann. I also like to read and write.

View blog

Jeordy Lawrence

Photography BA(Hons) – First Year

Hi, my names Jeordy, and I’m a first year Photography student. I love Star Wars, retro video games, anything that involves a guitar, and of course, cameras.

View blog

Jessie Addy

Architecture BA(Hons) – Third Year

Hi I’m Jessie. I am in my final year of my Architecture degree at Huddersfield. I am an international student originally from Ghana, West Africa.

View blog

Joseph Arnott

Drama BA(Hons) – Third Year

Hello, I’m Joseph, I’m originally from Middlesbrough. I’m currently a third year Drama student at the University of Huddersfield. I have a keen interest for photography, singing and I always love to make people happy.

View blog

Lucy Boyd

Broadcast Journalism BA(Hons) – Third Year

Hi there, my name is Lucy! I’m currently in my final year studying Broadcast Journalism. I’m head of marketing and journalism for the Radio Hud society and have my own show which goes out online and in the SU.

View blog

Mollie Harvey

Physical Geography BSc(Hons) - First Year

Hi, I'm Mollie. I am currently a first year Physical Geography student. I am interested in anything creative, animals and reading. I really look forward to sharing my uni experience with everyone.

View blog

Rhys Khan

Childhood Studies BA(Hons) – Third Year

Hi guys I’m Rhys. I’m a third year Childhood Studies student, and I’m also a Student Ambassador and course representative. I'm originally from Bradford, and enjoy traveling, gaming, trying new food and filming projects.

Samantha Oxby

Photography BA(Hons) – Second Year

Hi, I'm Samantha, a second year Photography student. I have my own blog, I love to write short stories, baking recipes and content about my dyslexia and Mearles Irlens, as I love to educate people about this.

View blog

Sanjida Karim Prachee

Hospitality Business Management BA(Hons) – Third Year

Hello, my name is Sanjida and I am an international student from Bangladesh. I am currently in my third year of Hospitality Business Management. I like to cook different cuisines each Friday night and enjoy a meal with my housemates.

View blog

Tom Williams

Psychology BSc(Hons) - Third Year

Hi, I'm Tom and I'm a final year Psychology student. My hobbies involve running, singing while I cook and watching Leeds lose in football. I also have a passion for writing, reading and anything involving animals.

View blog

Tommy Tsang

Drama with Creative Writing BA(Hons) – First Year

Hi, my name is Tommy and I am a first year Drama with Creative Writing student. I run a YouTube channel where I create various videos such as comedy sketches, gaming videos, personal vlogs, adventure series and much more.

View blog

Tyriq Baker

Music BMus(Hons) – Second Year

Hello, my name is Tyriq, and I am a second year Music student. I play three instruments (Piano, Clarinet and Bassoon), and I am a music composer of classical music, electronic music, and pretty much anything that interests me.

View blog

Postgraduate bloggers

Abigail McAlpine

Cyber Security PHD with the Secure Societies Institute

In my spare time I freelance in marketing and content creation. Things I like about the University of Huddersfield include the international community and support I have from the rest of the Cyber Security team.

View blog

Kayleigh Campbell

Creative Writing PhD

I’m a first year Creative Writing PhD student here at The University of Huddersfield. The specific focus of my PhD is poetry, which is something I write in both academic and personal contexts.

View blog

Marasha Fernandes

Events Management BS (Hons) – Fourth Year

Hello, I’m Marasha. I’m a final year Events Management student, and I’m president of the Indian Student Society and a member of the Events Management society. I am Portuguese by nationality and I am come from Kuwait.

View blog

Victoria Gamolova

Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages MA

In my spare time I love to read fantasy books and mythologies from around the world, play board and video games and participate in LARP (Live Action Role Play) events!

View blog